Monday, August 9, 2010

Please Welcome...Kathy-a New Staff Member

Hi everyone.

I am Kathy Yauney, one of the new House Managers at The O’Connor House. As I spend time shadowing Meredith for a few days, I’m getting excited about taking my place as Tuesday’s day staff (working with menu planning and shopping), and the weekend’s evenings and overnight shifts. I am very pleased to be part of this beautiful ministry.
Thank you to the current residents for your warm welcome. I applaud these ladies for the decisions they are making and the personal growth they are experiencing. It will be my privilege to support those efforts.
The residents and I have some experiences in common. At 17 I was a pregnant teen. And as our residents are now striving to do, I did form a family, continued my education, and supported my children. Now at 62, I’m assisting my son in raising his two teen agers, so I am still parenting.
Often I am amazed at where my life’s journey takes me. And now, I am being given another special opportunity. This time I will have a chance to use my unique experiences and skills in crisis intervention and residential management. Just as my past is filled with examples of God’s love, I trust the future will be even more blessed. Once again I am hearing that inner voice whispering to me, “Hold on … this is going to be so good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment